Today’s Education Policy & Program Development Update may be found in PDF form at http://grants.leeschools.net/update/pdf/FY2011/EPPDU_2011_03_017.pdf.
This update includes coverage of:
· Senate Bill 736 (Teacher evaluation, compensation, and retention)
· Senate Bill 1130 (Retirement)
· Facebook’s new “support system” and anti-bullying tools
· Debates on teacher quality, public pensions, and state budgets
· Governor’s new Web site: “Florida has a right to know.”
· Florida Legislative Session overview
Note that the bills in the legislative overview includes bills pertaining to education, child safety, governance, and public employee retirement plans. This list will be updated throughout the session.
J. F. "Jeff" McCullers, Ed.D.
Director, Grants & Program Development
Liaison, Public Charter Schools
Division of Academic Services
The School District of Lee County
Lee County Public Education Center
2855 Colonial Boulevard
Fort Myers, Florida 33966-1012